Posted January 29, 2018
JOB DESCRIPTION: DEVELOPMENT & MARKETING COORDINATOR
Under the direction of the Marketing Associate and Director of Strategic Relations and in collaboration with other staff, the Development & Marketing Coordinator will perform a variety of duties essential to furthering the fundraising and marketing goals of Monterey Jazz Festival and its educational programs.
PRIMARY DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate donor record-keeping and data input using development tools and databases;
- Handle gift processing and acknowledgements; and prepare gift reports and donor honor rolls;
- Coordinate direct mail for all appeals including: drafting and disseminating correspondence, generating mail merges, working with mail house and other vendors, ordering supplies, assigning appeal and mail codes, and conducting follow-up calls;
- Conduct prospect research and/or wealth analysis on individuals and corporations;
- Facilitate grant proposals and reports for foundations, corporations, government agencies and individuals, including: maintenance of grants tracking calendar and management of deadlines and requirements; gathering information from multiple departments, assisting with drafting of grant reports and proposals; assembling and coordinating electronic and hard copy mailings to corporate/foundation funders; and working with other contracted grant writers as needed;
- Organize guest lists, fundraising activities, decor, catering etc. for special events as assigned including: Ambassador and alumni receptions, Jazz Legacy Circle and other donor events;
- Assist Director of Strategic Relations in organizing annual MJF Jazz Legends Gala for 400 attendees each September; work with Gala Committee to design, plan and execute event, including all guest lists, fundraising activities, event volunteers, and catering/venue needs;
- Coordinate production of development department collaterals, e.g. (event invitations, event signage, mailed solicitations, gift acknowledgement letters, newsletters, social media, etc.), working with the marketing department as appropriate;
- Assist the Director of Strategic Relations with the management of the Brand, Marketing and Community Engagement Committee and any sub-committee meetings, including scheduling meetings, recording meeting minutes and disseminating timely communications, providing support to committee members and following up on their assignments as necessary;
- Participate in developing individual donor strategy, identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship;
- Coordinate and Supervise activities of any Development interns and volunteers;
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the Director of Strategic Relations and Executive Director.
PRIMARY MARKETING RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and implement social media plan in support of marketing goals including developing, curating and posting content on a variety of platforms;
- Track and analyze statistics for website on Google Analytics and social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube;
- Draft agendas, take minutes and schedule weekly marketing meetings;
- Provide coordination, support and proofreading for all marketing materials for Development Department, support coordination for all additional printed marketing materials including souvenir program and direct mail pieces;
- Support the Marketing Associate and Graphic Designer by generating lists for all MJF; correspondence, work with mail house and other vendors, order supplies, assign mail codes as needed to support the Marketing Associate;
- Be on-site for all special events, including Next Generation Jazz Festival in the spring and Monterey Jazz Festival in September to promote on social media in real time;
- Deliver quarterly reports with statistics and results to each account to the Marketing Committee;
- Review best practices, make recommendations for continuous improvement and look for ways to expand our presence across existing and future social media platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in fundraising, sales, special events or related fields
- Experience using fundraising software (Bloomerang, Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge, LexisNexis; Development Pro) or other CRM software;
- Proven knowledge of New Media;
- Proficiency using office equipment and computers, including software programs: Microsoft Office Suite -- Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Reader, copier/fax/scan, and phone systems). High degree of comfort and familiarity with Excel is critical;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills: high degree of customer service;
- Accuracy and strong attention to details; uses judgment, discretion and maintains confidentiality with respect to donor and organizational information;
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities;
- Comfortable taking direction and working independently; collaborative colleague;
- Able and willing to work irregular hours, including occasional weekends and evenings;
- Proactive task-master and problem solver with strong sense of humor and interest in jazz;
- Willingness to learn more and serve the MJF community of supporters;
- Position is based at the Monterey Jazz Festival corporate office located in Monterey, Calif.
- Experience with grant writing and management;
- Experience managing social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook) for business or organization;
- Photography and video skills.
This is a full-time regular non-exempt position. Monterey Jazz Festival offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls please.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Employment decisions at Monterey Jazz Festival are based on merit, qualifications and abilities and will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's age (40 and over), ancestry, sex/gender (including gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), color, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, registered domestic partner status, or any person perceived to have any of these characteristics or any person associated with a person who has, or is perceived to have, any of these characteristics, or any other classification protected by applicable law.