Posted January 29, 2018
JOB DESCRIPTION: TICKETING SERVICES MANAGER
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Ticketing Services Manager is responsible to achieve marketing and sales targets, in the context of satisfying customers and delivering good customer care. The Ticketing Services Manager will provide overall supervision of Monterey Jazz Festival ticketing and box office operations including development, planning and implementation of all ticket sales processes for the Monterey Jazz Festival.
- Provide concierge style customer service that builds a long-term, high-quality relationship between the patron and the organization.
- In collaboration with the ticketing vendor (Etix), configure all event information in the ticketing system including seating maps "manifest'', pricing, ticket types, on sale date/time, and operator codes/permissions. Hold accountability for the entire event build.
- Plan, manage, and oversee the preparation, processing and execution of ticket renewals and public on sale.
- Prepare the Etix call center staff so that they are well prepared to answer patrons’ questions.
- Manage day-to-day box office operations. Process and fulfill all box office transactions (seat renewals, sales, comps, promotions, change orders, refunds and will call). Hire, manage and train temporary box office staff. Monitor gate admissions.
- Lead patron communications (incoming/outgoing) including customer service and distribution of all box office tickets; marketing and informational materials.
- Facilitate the creation of accurate ticketing system reports, e.g. daily sales reports and settlements for use by management, accounting and Etix.
- Manage the ticketing operations budget, departmental expenditures, seat inventory (opens, sold, holds, comps, kills), verification of accurate on-site event seating installation, and ticketing system and equipment maintenance.
- Manage patron database; ensure accurate and comprehensive patron records.
- Ensure good communication with the development department regarding donor and sponsor needs.
- Ensure accuracy of event information in all sales and marketing materials including brochures, direct mail, advertising, souvenir programs, website, and mobile apps.
- Provide monthly reports to the MJF Board of Directors during the on-sale period.
- Manage special projects as directed by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' comprehensive ticketing and patron service experience in the spectator event industry including departmental and box office management.
- Expertise in electronic ticketing practices and software applications including mail, phone, website, mobile device and walk-up sales; mail, will-call, print-at-home and electronic fulfillment; advance seat renewals/upgrades, public on sale, group sales, ADA sales, promotional sales, and special sales.
- Proficiency using office equipment (computers, Microsoft Office, copier/fax/scan, and phone systems).
- Strong interpersonal skills: communication, time-management, goal setting, priority management, critical decision making, attention to detail and mentoring.
- Ability to work irregular hours (weekends/evenings).
- Position is based at the Monterey Jazz Festival Corporate Office located in Monterey, Calif.
No phone calls please.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Employment decisions at Monterey Jazz Festival are based on merit, qualifications and abilities and will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's age (40 and over), ancestry, sex/gender (including gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), color, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, registered domestic partner status, or any person perceived to have any of these characteristics or any person associated with a person who has, or is perceived to have, any of these characteristics, or any other classification protected by applicable law.