The Monterey Regional Airport offers the convenience of a small, friendly airport with non-stop connections to/from six major cities. Please visit the Fly Monterey Web site for flight schedules and more information.
The San Francisco, Oakland and San Jose airports are within a two-hour drive.
For your convenience, park at Monterey Peninsula College (MPC, 980 Fremont St., Monterey) and ride Monterey-Salinas Transit (MST) JAZZ buses free to the Festival. Buses will operate roundtrip every 5-10 minutes during the Festival.
Driving Directions to the Festival
The Monterey Jazz Festival takes place on the Monterey County Fairgrounds, located at 2000 Fairground Road in Monterey, California.
From the North: Take Highway 1 to Monterey Bay area and exit at Casa Verde. Turn left onto Casa Verde and follow to the Fairgrounds.
From the South: Take Highway 1 to Monterey Bay area and exit at Casa Verde. Turn right onto Casa Verde and follow to the Fairgrounds.
From Highway 101 and Salinas: Take Highway 68 Westbound toward Monterey. Take the Fremont Street exit. Stay on Fremont Street and turn right at Casa Verde and follow to the Fairgrounds.
From the Monterey Airport: Exit the airport and turn right onto Garden Road. Turn right onto Fairground Road which will lead to the Main Entrance of the Fairgrounds.
Driving Directions to Monterey Peninsula College Parking
Directions to General Parking at Monterey Peninsula College (980 Fremont Street, Monterey, CA 93940)
- From Highway 101 northbound, take the Monterey Peninsula/Highway 68 exit westbound to Monterey
- From the Monterey Airport, turn right to take Highway 68 westbound to Monterey
- From Highway 68, bear left at the Central Monterey exit and take to Highway 1 southbound to Monterey.
- From Highway 101 southbound, take the 156 exit westbound to Highway 1 southbound
- From Highway 1 southbound, take the Monterey exit and turn left into Monterey Peninsula College as you exit the freeway.
- From Highway 1 northbound, take the Aguajito Road exit and turn left into Monterey Peninsula College.
Please follow directional signs for Jazz Festival Parking.
Bike Valet Service
Beginning in 2008, the Monterey Jazz Festival introduced free Bicycle Valet Parking for those patrons who are able to commute to the Festival from local hotels and residences. Provided in partnership between Monterey Jazz Festival, the Monterey County Fair & Event Center, Green Pedal Couriers and Bicycling Monterey, the free Bicycle Valet Service is located at Fairgrounds Gate 3, on the corner of Fairground Road and Garden Road, at the southwest end of the Festival grounds.